Bony Pete Short Story Contest 2012
Please print the Bony Pete Short Story Contest form
and submit it with three (3) copies
of your manuscript, plus the $5 contest fee, to the address on the contest form by April 15, 2012.
Rules, Guidelines and Entry Form
- Contest is open ONLY to registered Bloody Words attendees.
- Entry must be postmarked by April 15, 2012. (Please do not use registered mail.)
- Stories must be fiction and a mystery (crime, suspense, private eye, amateur or professional)
- Toronto must figure in the story somehow--any time period allowed
- Must not exceed 5,000 words
- Must be typed/printed, double spaced, on regular white bond paper using 12-point Courier/Times New Roman, left justified
- One side of paper only with title and page number in upper right corner (no author name)
- Cover sheet with entrant's name, address, phone number, story title, approximate word length.
- Entry must be accompanied by $5 entry fee. You may send as many stories as you like as long as each one is accompanied by the fee and a form.
- Keep a copy of your final manuscript. No copies will be returned.
- Must be original and previously unpublished. You retain all rights.
- Do not send your submission by registered mail.
Note: No manuscript will receive a critique.
(Please use the manuscript evaluation form if you would like to receive a critique.)
There will be ONE Winner, who will receive a statue of Bony Pete, the much coveted Bloody Words Skeleton, as well as a cheque for $100.
The second place winner will receive a cheque for $50 and the third place winner, $25.
The winning story will appear in a future Bloody Words program book. Whether the other two stories will be published or not is left to the discretion of the Gang.